The New Hit Bridal Shower Game: Book or Bride?

My sister organized a book-themed bridal shower for me this weekend. The following was the most popular game.

Directions: Read each quote below and determine if the quote is from a published book or if the bride wrote/said it. Get 1 POINT for each correct answer, 2 EXTRA POINTS if you correctly attribute a quote to a specific book, and 3 MORE POINTS if you identify the book's author.


  1. "In those days the people did cry unto the Lord, 'Uh, a little help?'"
  2. "What Dad means by 'see' of course, is 'drive past at 67 miles per hour.' Dad feels it is a foolish waste of valuable vacation time to get out of the car and actually go look at an attraction."
  3. "Today, the homemade antenna fell off the wall and got eaten by the robot."
  4. "Act confidently, never say 'I don't know,' and when all else fails, keep 'em busy."
  5. "You cannot use a bone saw for many things, besides sawing bones."
  6. "I need that part of my brain to hear the moans of my enemies."
  7. "We are all fools, if we live long enough."
  8. "One can never have enough socks...Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books."
  9. "When Jesus fed the 5,000, do you think he had his cousins and his apostles and all their sisters chopping up portions in the kitchen?
  10. "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  11. "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
  12. "If someone tackled me, I'd call his mother! 'Hello? Mrs. Brady?'"
  13. "If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

I invite you, intrepid readers, to play this game and comment with your answers. I will post the correct ones in a few days. 

For the record, the highest possible score is 48 points, and the winner at my shower only got 24!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Fictional Girlfriends Report: Bonanza!

Dead Fictional Girlfriends Report: Special Westeros Edition

Captain's Log: Dead Fictional Girlfriends Report